If you have a Wacom digital tablet, and you use it a lot, you may occasionally encounter unexpected problems. Have your brush dynamics stopped working? Is your screen mapping incorrect (cursor does not reach all fours edges of display area)? Do you experience intermittent cursor movement or none at all? Do you suffer from unexpected clicking? For Intermittent cursor or unexpected clicking, jump to step 4. Otherwise let's start with some simple steps that often help.
1) The simplest thing to try is rebooting your computer (and also restart your drawing program.)
2) If any new software was recently installed, it might be causing a conflict. Did the symptoms begin on the same day the new software was installed? Try uninstalling it.
3) The next step is to uninstall and reinstall the Wacom drivers. Uninstall all drivers including drivers for previous tablets. Previous drivers can cause conflicts. Disconnect your tablet and reinstall the correct drivers. Be sure to follow manufacturer instructions, and do not reattach the device prematurely. You can also check the Wacom website for newer drivers.
4) try plugging it into a different USB port
(This journal entry was written in 2012 newer tablets may have a detachable USB cord/port which is similarly fragile)
5) Intermittent cursor movement and unexpected clicking can be the result of broken wires inside the tablet cord. The wires inside the plastic cable can become damaged from pulling twisting and regular use even if the plastic casing seems perfectly fine. Damage is most likely to occur where the cable connects to the tablet. If you use something about the size of a popsicle stick or ball point pen and some tape to completely immobilize the cable at the connection point so it cannot bend or twist, you may resolve your problem. Cables can also be replaced, but consult your manufacturer about prices and warranty coverage. Remember that attempted home replacement may void your warranty if you have one.
6) if the problem persists, consult wacom customer support or the Wacom forums: forum.wacom.eu/
other resources: Concept Art's Wacom troubleshooting section: conceptart.org/forums/showthre… and general wacom threads: conceptart.org/forums/forumdis…